Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've been waiting for my friend Justin to send me some of the new photos we took of Alivia recently, but he's taking too long, so... I'll get some more this weekend over the holidays and post them as soon as I can. In the meantime, I have a couple new Alivia stories to share...

She's truly become the sunshine in my day everyday. This morning I was holding her in my arms right after I woke her up and while she was still half asleep she reached up to my face to turn it so that she could kiss me. It was so precious!

She's also a stubborn little cuss... the other day she started spitting (raspberry style) while I was feeding her. I told her no, but she did it again. I said no again and she did it again, so I smacked her tray (doesn't hurt her at all, but makes a loud noise that gets her attention.) Well, she started wailing like you'd think I was beating her, but between every wail she'd spit again just to show me she could do it no matter what I said. It was all I could do to keep from laughing.

And she's developing her sense of the absurd... a couple nights ago I was running her bath while she stood naked beside me watching the water fill the tub. She loves to play in the water and every time I'd reach in to test the temperature, she'd reach in, too, even though her little arms were just too short to reach. After a few moments I heard her giggling and glanced over to see what was up... Alivia was staring down at her feet and wiggling her toes. She'd just peed on her feet and thought it was the funniest thing that she could make little splashes with her toes before she even got into the tub.

This year I know that I truly have cause to be thankful. God has given me the most precious gift in the world.

~ Jeana

No comments: