Friday, June 29, 2007

Two Surgeries!

Well, we got the bad news today at the doctor's office. Alivia has to have two surgeries over the next few months. The first, to remover her tonsils and adenoids, will be done in August. The second, the elongate her jaw, will be done in early October. Hopefully everything will heal quickly and they'll be able to remove the jaw device by Christmas.

I'm dreading both procedures. The first will be hard just seeing her dwarfed by all the medical gadgets and such, and I know she'll be in pain. The second will be even worse and then I get to add to it with the daily screw turnings for a couple weeks. Thank God we only have to move her jaw about 12-15 mm and it will only require about two weeks of adjustments.

I have some photos to post, but I'm going to hold off on them until later this weekend. Gotta get my mind in a happier place. Anyway, just wanted to post the update since I know a lot of folks have been wondering.

~ Jeana

4 comments:

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

My husband and I are waiting on a referral from Tver, and I have been following your updates on your blog. We will keep you and your daughter in our prayers as she faces the two surgeries ahead. She is a beautiful little girl!

votemom said...

the adenoid/tonsil surgery will go better than you can imagine. little ones recovery really fast from that procedure. knowing that doesn't make it any easier to hand them over tho.

please let us know dates when you have them so we can pray.

hang in.

Jeana said...

Thank you both for your prayers. We will certainly need them over the months ahead. Alivia's tonsilectomy is scheduled for August 21 and the jaw surgery will be October 4.

jeana

RamblingMother said...

So sorry to hear exp about the second surgery, ow. Praying for you both.

Beverly