Saturday, August 01, 2009

Summer Fun

Alivia and I are enjoying our three day weekends this summer! Yesterday we spent the day at the Cabana Club at the beach. Livi LOVES the beach and we played in the surf for an hour and then moved to the pool to swim. Livi found a couple shells that she had to bring home with her. Then we cooked hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill before going to visit Gran. And that was all just yesterday! Today is dress up day... Livi has a thing for playing with Mama's makeup so I bought her a makeup kit of her own. She's been totally enthralled and would spend hours "making face" if I let her.

Here's her royal highness on her throne. She held an audience today and I must inform you that crowd was thrilled. Such applause! Such fanfare! She then prepared a tea party for mama, Mickey Mouse and baby Gina. (We had baked the cookies a couple nights ago just for such an event!)

Livi's birthday was a few weeks ago on July 5th. We had a Mickey Mouse themed party complete with birthday cake and homemade ice cream. My cousin Stormy came over with her son Quincy and he just fell in love with Livi's tea cart. He was pushing the thing all over the house. His mama's going to blackmail him with this photo later...

What else did we do in July... we rode the ferry just to watch the dolphins play, we went to the beach a couple times, we made several batches of homemade ice cream, and we played on the swings... a lot. It's hard to believe the summer is almost over and school starts up in just three weeks! We have to start looking at school clothes and supplies and planning for the Fall holidays soon... Whew! Time sure flies when you're having fun!

~ Jeana

2 comments:

maxine said...

Hi Jeana,
I was going through some old email messages and happily found the link to your blog. Livi is growing up and is still a cutie--with quite a personality, I guess. :) The photos with her American Girl doll are darling. I'm glad to see that you are doing so well.
*hugs*
Maxine

Our Family Adventures!! said...

Hi, My name is Rebecca and our family is in the process of adopting from Tver. I found an old posting of yours mentioning a cheap 8 doctor physical in Tver. I was wondering if you'd be willing to send me a recommendation on who you all used or where you all went for your physical? My email is Rebecca.L.Johnson@hotmail.com