Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas Gifts Galore!

Some of you may think I'm referring to the huge pile of Christmas gifts that Alivia received this year, but I'm not. Two of my internet friends who have each been waiting months and months for referals for baby girls from Tver have each received their referals! One of them received hers a couple weeks ago and the other received hers just today! I'm so excited for both of them! It made me remember the incredibly intense combination of joy, fear, hope and anticipation that I felt on the day I received my own referal--just a couple days before Mother's Day this past May. For both of my friends, like me, this will be their first child. It's an unbelievably emotional time and, surprisingly, one that it's so easy to allow to fade into distant memory. My Christmas Wish for both of them and for me is that we never allow that to happen.

So today I sent out cyber hugs to my dear Web friends, patient waiters and soon to be Moms. May every Christmas of your future be as blessed and joyful as this one has turned out to be! Merry Christmas and the Happiest of New Years to you both!

~ Jeana

3 comments:

Christy said...

Jeana,
Thank you so much for 'hugs'! The actual date on the referral paperwork was 12.22.06, so in many ways, she really is a Christmas baby for me. Just want to hear an aok from my peditrician, and then wait for travel dates. I am hoping to be home with her around the end of February or beginning of March!

Hugs right back at you!

Christy

Kelly said...

Jeana,

You are so sweet! :) Thank you for the hugs and right back atcha!

You are really the trail blazer for me and I greatly appreciate your blog - it helps me know what's ahead, which makes the rough road a little more tolerable.

I hope Alivia feels better soon. You're doing a great job, Mom.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

Kelly

Jeana said...

My gosh, Kelly! You look like you could be my sister!

Jeana