Saturday, February 03, 2007

February Already!


It's hard to believe it's February already! Alivia and I have both been sick with colds (again...) these past couple weeks. We did get to go to St. Augustine, though, and here's one of the photos we took there. They came out rather grainy... I hate disposable cameras.

Today has been a fun day. We met up with a couple other CHI families this morning for an informational meeting for some other families who are considering adoption. Everyone was wonderful and we had a great time! After the meeting all three families had lunch together at Cracker Barrel--there were 12 of us altogether representing 5 countries! It was truly an international experience! Alivia had a wonderful time playing with a couple of the other children.

My internet buddy Christy is on her way to Tver today to meet the little girl who has been referred to her. I can't wait to hear how things are going. I'm hoping she will email or post to her blog tomorrow.

What else is new... Alivia has a new physical therapist and she's absolutely wonderful! I think we're going to see some quick results now! She's also been evaluated for speech therapy and they have recommended she see someone twice a week for that, as well. They think they can help with her eating issues along with getting her talking more. They'll also be teaching her baby sign--very kewl! We have finally been able to get her scheduled to see a pediatric orthopedic surgeon, too, although not until the end of March.

I've made the decision to go after baby number two--another girl--from Russia. I won't be filing the application for several months to a year yet, but I'm definitely going to go ahead with it. It's just a matter of organizing the finances now.

Otherwise things are just moving along in our new normal... if we could just stop getting these nasty colds everything would be great!

~ Jeana

1 comment:

RamblingMother said...

Congrats on your decision to go for #2. I hope to do so also. My daughter is from China. My second daughter will be from someone else as I am single. I am with (CHI) Children's Hope too. Your daughter is beautiful.

Beverly & Glenys