Monday, February 19, 2007

A Trip to the Zoo

Today Alivia made her first trip to the zoo! Gran and Papa joined us for a lovely afternoon. It was cool and breezy, but warm enough in the sun. Since the weather here has been so unusually cold lately a lot of the animals were inside, but we did get to see quite a few of them--including a couple male gorillas who were rather unhappy with each other. I also was able to get a couple cute photos of Alivia including this one with Papa. You can sure tell he's one proud grandpa!

The zoo also has a carousel. Alivia's a bit young for that yet, I think, but she did enjoy posing on this carousel horse that's at the entrance to the ride. She really liked sliding her hands up and down the pole, too... I'm wondering if I should start worrying... Anyway, we bought annual memberships to the zoo so that we can take Alivia back there often. It's a nice way to spend an afternoon--especially on a weekday when it's not too crowded.

This was our last long weekend until Spring Break next month. I'm looking forward to having that whole week off to spend with Alivia!

~ Jeana

3 comments:

Amazing said...

Aw, Jeana, those pix are sooooooooo cute. Your dad looks like he's enjoying good health and I'm so pleased to see that. Your mom looks great too. Now, I know what I can give to Alivia for her "pleased to meet you" gift. *wink*

Jeana said...

Thanks, Amazing! I forgot to mention in the post that Alivia was playing "patty-cake" for Papa. She LOVES "patty-cake".

Dad had an electronic disk implanted into his spine a couple weeks ago for pain management and suddenly he's become a new man! It's wonderful to see!

Jeana

Christy said...

Jeana,

And just why should you be worrying about her liking to move her hands on the pole? LOL LOL LOL LOL

Just what do you mean by cold? We have finally had a couple of days above freezing, and they have been in the 50's. The weather here is just so unpredictable. It is about 5 degrees for several weeks, with snow, ice, sleet, fog, etc. and then, blammo, we have a couple of days in the 50's (and maybe up into the 60's), and then, blammo, back into the wintry mix of things. It's no wonder we get sick! Although, I have to admit, I love it when its in the 40-60 range. I guess Katie will have to love it too!

I am almost done collecting all of the last minute things that I need. Just gotta get the FBI thing back, the pediatrician's letter, and the 'narc' test done. That should be it!! I should get the ped's letter today. The FBI has indeed received the request, and I have the prescription for the drug test. Hopefully, all will be done and complete by the end of next week! Yippee!

Gotta get to work,

Christy