Saturday, September 15, 2007

Surgery Update

I received a call on Friday from the hospital rescheduling Alivia's surgery again... they've moved it up to Thursday, September 20th. Hopefully she will be fully over her cold by then and everything can proceed as scheduled.

In other news... Livi is living up to the terrible two's! Today she threw a tantrum just because I wouldn't open a door for her. There was nothing terribly exciting on the other side of the door--we were at my office and it just led to another hallway of offices. She pitched a royal fit, though, for about 5 minutes before finally giving up. Hopefully Livi will quickly figure out that Mommy doesn't give in to tantrums and will stop trying to play that card. Also, Kizi, the younger of my two cats, has finally decided to allow Livi to pet her. She's still cautious and quick to get away if Livi pulls or pinches, but they do seem to be getting along quite well most of the time. My other cat, Treasure, is going to be a MUCH harder sell... (and, yes, Kizi is a really BIG cat!)

We have a busy week ahead of us... Monday we start with a new speech therapist. Tuesday is a new cognitive therapist. I also have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday--they found something suspicious on my latest mammogram and want me to come in for a diagnostic one. Probably nothing, but I'm still a bit worried, I must admit. Wednesday is Livi's pre-surgical check-up, followed by the surgery itself on Thursday. If I make it to the end of the week with all my hair still attached to my head it will be a miracle...

~ Jeana

4 comments:

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Hi Jeana-It sounds like you all have a difficult week ahead. I hope that Livi's appts. and surgery go well. I also hope your appt. goes well.

MandyJo013078 said...

Jeana -
I'm thinking about you and Livi and will keep you two in my prayers for the check for you and the surgery for Livi - Keep us posted! I think the kitty is cute and Livi is growing! So sweet that the kitty finally gave into the baby! LOL! Have a great day!
MandyJo

MandyJo013078 said...

Jeana -
I just wanted to send you a little note to let you know I'll be praying for you and Livi tomorrow! I hope that everything goes smoothly!
MandyJo

votemom said...

thinking of you both this morning...