Saturday, September 02, 2006

Official Court Date!

Today we received the official court date for Alivia's Recognition of Foreign Adoption hearing. It will be September 14th at 10:20 a.m. Alivia didn't seem all that impressed when I told her, but the rest of us are happy! I'm hoping that my dad, who didn't get to go with mom and me to Russia, will be able to attend this milestone event. He has a doctors appointment that morning, but hopefully can get it rescheduled.

Alivia has been exploring a bit more of the house over the last few days. I'm trying to allow her a little more freedom to crawl around since she seems to be adjusting so well in every other way. The cats are learning to keep alert whenever she's near. Those cat tails are just about irresistable!

~ Jeana

2 comments:

Christy said...

Congratulations! Everything is coming together to have Alivia completely 'legal'. What a long process! I admire you for getting everything done so quickly. I hope that I will be able to get it done in twice that time. I am now planning to go on that cruise, so I will have to get it done relatively quickly, or else we won't get to go!

The poor cats; they better get used to getting their tails grabbed, walked on, and pulled as well as a number of other things. I keep sticking fingers into my dogs' mouths, ears, noses, and eyes just to help them get used to it happening. I have even unintentionally stepped on Butter's tail! Poor dog; she yelped, but I didn't see her underfoot as I was holding a large box. Needless to say, she didn't get underfoot again that evening!

Here's to all going smoothly on this last venture . . .
Christy

Jeana said...

I'm so excited that you will be going on the cruise! You'll be able to get everything done! I could have done some of this faster, but really dawdled over getting started with the Florida recognition paperwork.