Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A Sad Day

I'm sorry for not updating this in the last couple weeks. Alivia is doing well--growing like a weed and learning new things every day. She's also getting plenty of bumps and bruises to go along with all her adventures in learning. She's still not walking by herself, but when it comes to crawling and cruising she's a little speed demon!

We have had a small crisis in the house, though. The oldest of my three cats, Trouble, has been very ill and this morning I finally had to make the decision to have him put to sleep. Trouble has been with me for 14 years, so this has been very hard to deal with. He's been suffering from the sudden onset of acute renal failure, and while he hasn't been in any pain, he's been obviously miserable. I know that this is the best decision for Trouble, but it's such a difficult thing to do. Alivia, fortunately, is still at the age where she has no idea what's going on. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with her pain here as well as my own.

On a MUCH happier note, we have court tomorrow morning for Alivia's Recognition of a Foreign Adoption hearing. I'll have photos and updates up as soon as I can!

~ Jeana

1 comment:

Christy said...

Jeana,

I am so sorry to hear about Trouble. Our pets are members of our families, and losing one of them is devastating. However, I am so happy that Trouble has had a Mom who cared enough to make that hard decision.

You definitely have to let us know how court goes tomorrow!

Christy