Thursday, September 21, 2006

Official in Florida!

Yesterday we received Alivia's Certificate of a Foreign Birth from the State of Florida. That was a very quick turn around! I still plan to get her a US passport, but we're going to put that off until after Christmas. We won't need it until next September anyway.

The next "official" thing on our schedule is her first post placement report. The social worker will be coming out to visit in early November, then we have to have the apostilled report in to Children's Hope International by December 7th. I had thought we were all done with apostilles, but, no... the post placement reports all need them, too. We have to do a total of four post placement reports. One this December, one in June 2007, then again in June 2008 and June 2009.

The only other "paperwork" we have to keep up with is notifying the Russian embassy if we move. Alivia has to be registered with them until she comes of age. Technically she has dual citizenship--both US and Russian. Kinda neat!

Tonight we get to experiment with our first babysitting experience. My parents and I are going out to see the musical Menopause and a couple friends of mine are coming over to watch Alivia. I'm hoping everything will go smoothly and she won't have any panic attacks. She didn't like staying at my mom's house overnight without me there, but I'm hoping that since the sitters are coming over here she'll be okay with it. I don't expect we'll be out late in any case.

Other updates... Alivia loves her little swimming pool. She still doesn't splash much, but she loves to crawl around and to play "stand up-sit down" in the water. She also tries to drink the pool water--yuck! I change the water every three days or so and just try not to think of the frogs I have to fish out of it every time she wants to get in it.

~ Jeana

No comments: