Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Big Wait...

We have finished the "turning of the screws" and are now into the big wait for the final surgery to remove all of Livi's hardware. That will be some time in early December. We ended up moving her jaw forward 20 mm--a little more than 3/4 of an inch. The difference is incredible! I hope to get some photos this weekend.

On my health front, I still have a bit of a cough and my voice isn't yet back to full strength, but I'm improving daily. I have an appointment for a second breast biopsy on Monday--the first one came back negative, but they saw another mass that looks different, so we have to do it again... fun...

Other than that things are moving along nicely. Livi seems to like her new occupational therapist. Now that we have our whole therapy team in place I'm hoping we will see her making some good progress.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Fall weekend!

~ Jeana

2 comments:

Amazing said...

Hi Jeana - I'm sorry to hear about your breast issues. I remember when I went through something similar about 3 years ago. Scared the crud out of me.

So pleased about Livi's progress...she's a beauty.

Hugs,
C

MandyJo013078 said...

Jeana -
I'm so glad to hear that Livi is doing well and that your breast biopsy came back negative! You two have been in my prayers! Hopefully you'll be back to yourself in no time! What is Livi going to be for Halloween? Keep us posted!
Mandy