Monday, October 01, 2007

A Taste of Fall

We are finally starting to get some Fall-like weather here--lots of rain, but beautifully temperate days with nice breezes, too. I love it! If I could just get over this nasty bronchitis I'd be so happy!

Livi is doing incredibly well! As of this evening we have moved her jaw out 10 mm! You can really tell a difference. And she's tolerating it so well! No pain at all that I can tell. She is on antibiotics, but no other medications. We've also got her started back in speech therapy finally and, while she doesn't like it very much, we are already seeing some good results from it. Her new physical therapist will start on Friday and we should be getting an occupational therapist going in the next week, as well. Between those three and her cognitive therapist she's got a pretty full plate these days!

Speaking of full plates... you wouldn't believe how her appetite has suddenly picked up! She's eating much more now than she was before the two surgeries and drinking much more, too. I expect to see another growth spurt real soon.

We go back to the surgeon on Monday of next week for her next follow up appointment. I'm hoping that we will be able to stop the screw turning then and remove the rods. Then she'll have to wear the internal pieces another 6 weeks or so and we'll go back to have those removed. I expect it will mean another hospital stay, but hopefully only for a day or two at most. In the meantime, Livi continues to amaze all of us with her progress and her cheerful attitude!

~ Jeana

2 comments:

MandyJo013078 said...

Jeana -
I'm so glad to hear that Livi is doing so well! What a blessing too that she is eating and growing! No pain that is wonderful! I can't wait to hear how the next doctor visits go! I hope that the therapy helps to improve her speech and that she enjoys the therapy! I hope you start feeling better soon and get over your bronchitis. I'll be keeping you both in my prayers! Thanks so much for sharing! Have a wonderful day!
MandyJo

votemom said...

sorry that you are sick - but so thankful to hear that your girl is doing so great!