Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Baby Visit #2

We were a bit delayed getting out of town to visit the orphanage today, but did finally make it there. We arrived right around 3 p.m. and stayed until about 5:30. It was a great time to be there--she had just woken from a nap, so she was a little subdued to begin with, but she quickly got back to the business of exploring my mouth with her fingers. We played for nearly an hour or so and she seemed much more relaxed than yesterday. Around 4:30 they came to take her to dinner while I met with the inspector to see what new information I could get about her birth mother--which wasn't much.

I was surprised when they brought her back to me after dinner. With a full stomach she was happy to just relax and actually ended up falling asleep in my arms. If I hadn't been totally sold on her by that point, there was no question in my mind from then on. This little girl is mine! And as predicted, I did cry when I had to say goodbye. It's amazing how quickly they squirm their way into your heart.

I have an appointment to meet with the judge tomorrow to set the court date. We expect that it will be June 30, which means I'll be traveling back to Russia on the 26th. It also means that the next time I'll get to see her is June 28th... 22 days from now. It's going to be a long three weeks...

Tonight I had dinner with the Garretts who are here on the second trip to adopt a baby boy. Their excitement at getting to see their son-to-be tomorrow and knowing that he will soon be their's forever was something to see.

Thanks, everyone for the notes! It means a lot to me to know I have so many people sending good thoughts our way!

~ Jeana

No comments: