Sunday, June 11, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Sorry for the delay in posting--the trip from Tver to Moscow was awful. I got horribly ill from the gas and exhaust fumes and went to bed as soon as I arrived in Moscow. I didn't end up doing any siteseeing there at all. My flight home from Moscow was equally retched in its own way--way too long and exhausting. At least the person in front of me was a young child who did his best to keep me and my fellow passengers entertained. I also arrived home with a horrible cold.

On the upside, I can't wait to go back to get Alivia. I re-read the developmental info for babies and it's clear that while she is behind in some things, as expected for an institutionalized child, she is only that way because of her situation--not because of any physicial or mental abnormality. I'm hopeful that a lot of love and attention will help her to catch up with her peers.

I SO wish I could post pictures here now. She's such a cutie! July 7 can't come soon enough for me!

~ Jeana

No comments: