Monday, June 19, 2006

The forecast: a cold and showers!

It's been a busy week and a half since I returned home and the next week and a half promise to be the same. I've had the nastiest cold ever since I got back... nothing seems to touch it! It's finally down to just a bit of congestion and sneezing, but I'm ready for it to be gone! On the adoption side of things, I've seen the psychiatrist to update his letter certifying me sane enough to parent an adopted child, and I've gotten my drug tests done. I've also made all the arrangements for trip two--July 2nd is when Mom and I fly off to Russia. Thankfully, the agency confirmed travel dates today for the dates I had booked. I wasn't looking forward to change fees, but didn't want to risk fare increases, either.

The rest of this week shapes up with a visit to the pediatrician to get a letter requesting they Russian government waive the 10-day waiting period and a trip to Tallahassee to get everything apostilled. The fun just never ends...

Speaking of fun, though--my family and friends held a shower for me this past weekend. What a great time! The gifts were wonderful--and all very needed--but the best part was being surrounded by so many supportive people. The ladies I work with are hosting another shower for me next week, too, so I'll get a second little energy boost right before I leave for Russia. It's easy to forget as we go through each day, but when I sit back and think about it I am so amazed at the wonderful people I know!

~ Jeana

No comments: