Saturday, July 08, 2006

Day Two!

We had a few rough spots last night. Alivia awoke around midnight in tears. Her little gums were sore and she was a little feverish. The vibrating teether helped a little, but we finally had to give her a baby aspirin. After an hour or so she fell back to sleep sprawled on top of me and slept that way most of the rest of the night. I finally eased her back in her crib around 4 am or so and got a few hours sleep myself.

Alivia awoke promptly at 7:30 this morning (she knows her schedule well!) and decided Mom and I needed to get up, too. We fed her some pears and some formula then showered and dressed so we could get some breakfast, too. I think I've adopted a hobbit, though, because when we got down to the restaurant Alivia decided she was hungry again and ate a second breakfast of scrambled egg whites, peach yogurt and milk. I was surprised at how much she was able to put away!

After breakfast we played for a bit in the room and then it was naptime--for both Alivia AND me! When she awoke around 11:30 (right on schedule again!) we fed her some turkey and potatoes and more pears. She definitely prefers the fruits to the meat and veggies, but we managed to get some down her. Then it was time for our first family shopping expedition!

Alivia loved riding in her stroller as we walked up to the grocery store. At the store we picked up some of the things we've noticed she really likes--yogurt and milk, and we also picked up some instant baby cereal. She seems willing to try anything food-wise and will eat it without fussing even if she seems not to like the taste overly much. She's certainly making my job easier! We also stopped at the pharmacy and picked up some liquid baby tylenol and more diapers. By the time we returned to the hotel it was naptime again and I could tell Alivia was ready.

Her naptime ends in about ten minutes, then we'll have our "afternoon tea" before we head out with Luba to the photographer to get her passport photo done. After that the rest of the weekend is ours! Tomorrow we plan to take a stroll down to the city park which runs along the Volga and possibly even take a river boat cruise.

All in all, Alivia is doing very well! She's very smart--she's figured out that when I wrap my thumb in my fist she can tug on my fingers to release it. She's beginning to crawl, but finds it faster right now to just roll around to get to where she wants to be--usually peeking into a mirror to see what that other baby is doing. She's utterly delightful to be around--just as cheerful as can be!

I'll try to get some more pictures today--we've been so busy settling in that the camera has stayed in the bag for the most part. It's nice reading all your comments! Kelly--if I can help you in any way, please feel free to email me! I'm on the AdoptTver list, too!

Hugs to everyone back home!

~ Jeana

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Jeana, that's so nice of you to offer help, but your blog is the greatest help for me. I can picture my trip already.

Thank you for sharing with us. I'm sharing your blog with my family, too.

You're doing a fabulous job with Alivia. Way to go, Mom!