Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Ice Cream!


We had a lovely walk around the center of town today. Alivia definitely likes riding in the carrier better than the stroller. We walked up through the park to what I call "Gypsy Street". It's a pedestrian street where you can find real gypsies. From what I understand they sell their "wares" and look for likely targets to pick pocket. We haven't had any problems with them.


The street is lined with shops and restaurants and reminds me a lot of St. George Street in St. Augustine. We found a really good fast food restaurant near the Olympus Mall that makes great "chicken burgers", otherwise known as chicken filet sandwiches, and roasted seasoned potatoes. You don't want to try the coke from the fountain, though--the water they use makes it taste funny. Get the cokes from the bottles in the cooler.


On one corner of Gypsy Street there is a Baskin Robbins. We stopped there after lunch and ordered a rocky road cone for me and a dish of vanilla for Mom. Alivia decided she wanted some of both, but she had a decided preference for the rocky road--especially when she discovered that she could lick the cone just like her momma! You can definitely tell she was meant to be my daughter!

Tomorrow we leave Tver for Moscow. We don't know what time yet, but it will definitely be tomorrow. I don't know if I'll have internet access in Moscow, but if I can get it I will try to post a few more times before we head home on Saturday. This trip has been great, but we really can't wait to get home!

~ Jeana

No comments: